[lug] Help Getting Laptop CD Working

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Mon Mar 28 06:50:52 MST 2005

I have a new Sony Vaio laptop with SUSE 9.2 on it and I'm having problems
playing CDs:

Sound does work I get various system noises, and the test in the sound
control panel plays some music.

The KDE Sound player comes up and identifies the disc and starts playing it,
but no music comes out the speakers or headphone jack.

I've brought up the KDE Mixer panel, and varified muting isn't turned, etc.

Under Windows, the CD Play works for playing music.

At this point, I'm really stumped. Does anyone have any ideas?

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585