[lug] automatic renice?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Fri Jun 17 16:03:31 MDT 2005

I have a program (x2x), that when it runs (regardless of what user runs
it), I'd like it to automatically renice to -1...but this is a root only
command. I don't think there is any automatic way to renice this program
any time it is run, I believe sudo and compound commands are probably
required. But maybe someone here knows, is there a way to tell the
system that no matter who runs x2x, that it should be reniced to -1? Is
there any kind of renice daemon facility?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net