[lug] Samba or other non-Microsoft PDC ON Windows?

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Jun 21 11:05:19 MDT 2005

Elyse M. Grasso wrote:
[...]
> Has anyone heard of any PDC implementation for Windows other than Microsoft's?

I'm using Samba.  My Linux server is a PDC.  It operates as a Win2k PDC
but XP doesn't seem to complain (most clients are Win2k also).  You can
probably set XP to hate Samba but by default it doesn't (for some values
of default).

I didn't do much beyond read the Samba docs on making a PDC.  And
googling for a problem that a config change from 2.x to 3.x caused.

Dave