[lug] ARRG! Change One Little Thing And... HACKED?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Tue Aug 16 09:53:41 MDT 2005

When I first tried netstat -vantp|grep 443 (per somene's suggestion) it
cane back with some sort of samba -d process (I'm not running samba as far
as I know), so I killed that process. It died but a new one appeared with
a more disturbing hint. And I can't kill this one, either. What should
apache have to do with sendmail? Is this evidence of a hack? I now get
this:

[root]# netstat -vantp|grep 443
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:443             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
537/sendmail: accep
tcp      317      0 206.168.217.249:80      192.200.5.40:44378
CLOSE_WAIT  -

- Bill Thoen