[lug] Suse 10 Dismay

Jason Motes blug at imotes.com
Thu Oct 27 15:31:14 MDT 2005

Steve Sullivan <Steve Sullivan wrote:
> This morning I started to install Suse 10, but found
> it's been dumbed down seriously.  Many packages have been
> omitted.  It's as if anything dealing with science or math
> has been omitted, and many aspects of software development
> have been shortchanged.

Most of those packages are available if you change your source
installation in yast.

Add: ftp
Server Name: mirror.colorado.edu
Directory on Server: pub/suse/i386/10.0/inst-source-extra/

And

Add: ftp
Server Name: mirror.colorado.edu
Directory on Server: pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source/

Then you should be able add those applications through yast.

Jason Motes
blug at imotes.com
www.imotes.com