[lug] Do CD-TWs suck?

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Fri Oct 28 15:25:59 MDT 2005

Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> Sure, if you're just using them as floppies, you're probably fine.  A cheap
> CD is probably more reliable than a cheap floppy, based on my experience
> over the last year.  Boy do I hate floppies.  :-)

That's why I have to search a while whenever somebody hands me a
floppy - all of my boxes have 100MB ZIP drives in place of
floppies.  They're even bootable drives - 100MB can contain a
decent Linux system, although you'll need to be focused.

Of course now Kinko's has decided to go with the 250MB disks
instead....  At least I got nowhere with one of my disks.