[lug] speaking of CD-R's that suck...

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sat Oct 29 18:39:48 MDT 2005

I know I've had problems with CD-R's, but they were always cheap ones. A
plug for Tummi: I have better luck with the people there too, not just
the cd's :P

But, that said, I might try and find a DVD-R (IDE), as prices are coming
down. Probably I'll just remove the existing CD drive, I don't can't
find cables to fit more than one such device at a time (case shape
problem combined with the location of the IDE headers on the m/b). If
CD-R's are that hard to find (and I know from experience there is a lot
of garbage out there in CD-R's), is there any particular DVD burner
someone can recommend (IDE) that works well with Fedora/KRUD? Or is it
worthwhile to buy an offboard controller and use SATA? [I have no idea
if SATA is problematic and picky or "just works"]

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net