[lug] Linux dsl providers in Longmont

Dan Ferris dan at usrsbin.com
Wed Nov 2 07:45:22 MST 2005

I use Covad and they work pretty well.

It's standard ADSL.  I have a Cisco 678 in bridging mode and a Soekris
based box running m0n0wall for pppoe.

I have a block of 8 IPs as well and run a mail server.  Covad has NEVER
gone down on me in over a year of using them.

The only thing I can say is to ditch whatever modem they give you (my
broadexant POS died after 3 months) and get a good one like a Zoom or a
Cisco 678.

Threre is also Qwest, but hatred of Qwest is nearly a religeon in my
family so I picked Covad.

If I could afford it, I would get ADSL with a least a 1 megabit upload
speed.

Dan