[lug] Cheap Old Servers

Joshua Rubin joshua at rubixlinux.org
Thu Nov 3 09:25:13 MST 2005

Hi all,

I am in the market for 1 or 2 _very_ cheap old servers, less than $100 plus
shipping. Just wondering if you have any suggestions. Right now I have a P4
2GHz/768MB server that works fine, but the disk is a single IDE and just does
not have the speed or reliability of a RAID. So I am looking at something
like a P3 500x2/512MB. I think that should be sufficient processing power and
memory, but I would really need a multi disk raid.

I have been looking at some old dell poweredge servers that meet all these
requirements, but I just was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions,
or even better, some old servers they are looking to offload.

Thanks!
Joshua

--
Joshua Rubin
joshua at rubixlinux.org

Rubix Consulting
Small Business Computer Security Services
"Harnessing your network's potential"

(303) 909-6199
http://www.rubixlinux.org
7024 East 1st Place