[lug] RAM memory modules for old machine

Bethany Hobson blhobson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:10:04 MST 2006

I'm a newbie to the Users Group and mailing list, but not completely new to
Unix/Linux.

I'm looking to upgrade RAM memory on an older home machine, so I can get
back to Unix/Linux-land.  Is there a place where I can get RAM memory
modules locally or is it preferable to purchase online?

Here's what I'm looking for straight from the horse's... O.K.... mouth:

2xDELL - 256 MB Module for a Dell Dimension L Series System
256 MB SDRAM, PC133, Non-Parity, Unbuffered
Dell Part #: A0501728, Manufacturer Part #: D48WJW
Usually Ships: Within 24 Hours
Condition: New
$89.99
$80.99
[You Save $9.00]

I'm hoping to save a bit more than the $9.00/module quoted above, seeing as
the machine is rapidly approaching 6 years of age, or maybe I'm asking too
much.

Thank you,

Bethany Hobson