[lug] OPENvpn and having 2 NIC cards

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Feb 18 11:38:34 MST 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 05:39:43PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>to you can change it's port to something else (8080? 22?) and/or
>change it to use tcp instead of udp. Most filters will allow things
>like port 80/tcp) :)

Just switching to TCP is likely to resolve it...  If you have a good net
connection, you shouldn't run into problems with TCP.

>local <second nic card ip>

Sure, that'll get it to *BIND* to the IP of the second interface, but you
will alos have to have a route to the other machine over that interface.
If you don't care about other traffic to the server running over that
interface, you could just "ip ro add <peer address> via <gateway address>
dev eth1", that sort of thing.  Then you don't even have to do "local".
However, if you are concerned about other traffic, you have to learn the
joys of fwmark routing and the like.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 But I woke up when somone slammed the door so hard I fell outta bed
 screaming "Mama's little baby loves shortnin' bread".  -- Aerosmith