[lug] dual head card questions

Andrew GIlmore agilmore at wirelessbeehive.com
Fri Feb 24 09:21:01 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 21:17 -0700, Brian Moore wrote:
> The Matrox G- and P- series cards also work quite well.  Given
> the 85Hz+ requirement, you might want to look at the P series.

I'm using an ATI FireGL V3100 (PCIE) with Xinerama and the X.org radeon
driver, with one display analog, one digital. It works reasonably well,
but I've found that the second head is not visible with VNC. My previous
nvidia TwinView setup with dual digital output worked just as well, but
also was viewable with VNC. Not sure of the exact nvidia card involved.

It really isn't very hard to setup. There's even a tab in the
system-config-display tool for Fedora/Redhat. Manual setup worked a
little better, but it gave me a place to start.

Andrew