[lug] Qwest DSL download speed reduced

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun May 28 01:46:42 MDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 08:48:48PM -0600, Chip Atkinson wrote:
>One other thing to beware of -- Qwest will sell you 1.5Mb service even if
>your wires won't support that speed.  Be careful that you are even capable
>of getting that speed as well.

Both the QWest and Comcast services are sold as "up to", I imagine at least
partly because they are unable to ensure that the site you are going to has
anything like 8mbps of bandwidth.  Partly because their network is
oversubscribed, so it could be saturated at times.  Such is life.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 People who interview themselves shouldn't criticize writing styles.
                 -- John Bentley, Programming Pearls