[lug] Music manager

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Tue Jun 27 17:19:20 MDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 04:32:02PM -0600, John Hernandez wrote:

> I'm not entirely surprised it suddenly worked this time.  Keep in mind
> that the Slim Devices apt repository contains the nightly development
> branch of slimserver.  Any given nightly update may be broken, to
> various degrees.
>
> If you have a working installation at this point, you may want to
> comment out the slimdevices line in sources.list, perhaps until they
> release 6.5 final.  If you do update to a newer nightly in hopes of a
> specific bug fix, hang on to your current .deb in case a rollback
> becomes necessary.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that.

So far the only thing that doesn't work quite right is the synchronization,
although from reading the docs that's likely because I'm still using OSS sound
and Java 1.4.  Unfortunately ALSA never seems to work on my systems (Thinkpad
600E).  They're obselete, so I'd guess chances are that it will never work
unless there are newer laptops using the same sound chipset, and it's an ISA
chipset I think so that's very unlikely.  I'm still running Linux 2.4 with OSS
on all my VNC terminals due to that issue.  :(