[lug] CUPS question

Kenneth D. Weinert kenw at quarter-flash.com
Wed Jul 19 22:06:06 MDT 2006

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Bear Giles wrote:
> [...]
>> But I wanted feedback from the community.  I know that many people
>> think that CUPS is much better than LPRng, but I'm underwhelmed to say
>> the least.

I've not had issues with CUPS recently, it's worked really well for me.
Recently is defined as the last year or so.

In fact, it's worked so well that when I set up printing on my laptop I
just pointed it to the desktop and it worked first time out.

I haven't quite got it sorted on the SAMBA side so that my daughter can
print off the network, but that's just me and SAMBA :)