[lug] Initial impressions of Kubuntu

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Tue Nov 14 13:07:22 MST 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 06:22:49AM -0700, Collins Richey wrote:

> The LiveCD method (Ubuntu or Knoppix) is just too damn slow for my needs.

I don't stay with a live cd long, but I won't even consider trying it if it
doesn't have that available.  With all the trouble I've had in the past, I've
got to see within a relatively short time that a new distro will work before I
consider touching my hard drive.  It's relatively simple to make a live cd
these days, so not doing is, in my opinion, a sign of laziness.  Either that
or you're RedHat and you're not really selling on the fact that your distro
works.  :)