[lug] So much for VMware

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Dec 2 20:45:24 MST 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 10:30:27PM -0700, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
>most spreadsheets can use.  Virtualize that hardware and you can share a
>single desktop system with a workgroup using thin clients.  It's better

Last year I helped one of the Fort Collins guys get Xen running on his
workstation where he wanted to run his workstation, and then have some
other instances on the same hardware for doing things like public web
service, possibly eliminating extra hardware he had in his house.  As
another example.

Sean
--
 Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading
 sex manuals without the software.  -- Arthur C. Clarke