[lug] Stopping the New Generation of Spam

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Dec 5 15:56:15 MST 2006

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Daniel Webb wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 01:39:48PM -0700, Ken MacFerrin wrote:
>
> > In postfix, what you're looking for is "Before-Queue" content filtering.
> >  It can be memory hungry, but effective.
>
> Speaking of Postfix, I've seen a lot of people seem to be using it these days.
> I'm still using Exim since it's the Debian default and I know it, but I'm not
> wedded to it.  What are the advantages of Postfix over Exim?

For me the advantage was I couldn't get my head around Exim.  I was trying
to get mail delivery to a file and trying to get smtp auth set up.  Under
exim, I finally got mail delivery to a file (not connected to a user) and
gave
up on smtp auth.  With postfix, it was all easy and done in 45 minutes.

Hugh