[lug] pbcopy for Linux?

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Wed Jan 10 10:03:29 MST 2007

I was wondering if anyone on the list knew of a Linux equivalent to
pbcopy from OS X?:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/pbcopy.1.html

I've been finding myself copy-and-pasting text files recently (CVs for
sites that want a text version), and thought if I could use pbcopy, this
would be a lot easier:

cat cv.txt | pbcopy

than using doing a less on the terminal and lots of scrolling, selecting
and middle pasting, or opening an editor and doing a "select all"...

Is there a similar "cbcopy" for Linux, or is the clipboard insanity of
Linux preventing this?

Matt
--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
    Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/