[lug] Next Install Fest

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 17:48:22 MST 2007

On 1/10/07, siegfried <siegfried at heintze.com> wrote:
> Hmmm.... What have we done in the past? As I recall, there was one on the CU
> campus years ago. Does anyone have the contact information that was used to
> acquire that room (or any other facilities that were used for install fests
> in the past)?

Yes.  I was the one who organized that one.  Doing an installfest on
campus is a bit of an adventure because it was under the guise of a
"student group" I started for the purpose of making it possible to do
so.  However, I'm no longer a student, but I think we could dig some
out of the woodwork if it were necessary.  Under other conditions, it
costs *serious* money to make use of university resources as an
outside group.

The bigger problem is parking.  Nobody wants to drag a computer a
quarter of a mile or so and back.  The only even vaguely suitable
parking/meeting space is the Law School building, which is why we have
our meetings there.  The law school is a universe unto itself and
doesn't live by the same reservation rules the rest of campus does.
Fortunately.

I suspect it will be easiest to either do Cafe Sole, or to find a
local business that would be interested in hosting the event.

--
epistemological humility
  Chris Riddoch