[lug] mp3 jukebox

Steve Webb steve at badcheese.com
Sat Jan 20 08:33:45 MST 2007

I have an AudioTron (available on ebay for $50 or so).  Doesn't have an
internal HD, uses a samba/windows shared drive to play from.  Looks like a
19" wide piece of stereo equipment and had a LED (with remote) and web
interface also.

I also have a TiVo (series 2) that will also play mp3's from a PC.
Interace is your TV and the Tivo remote.

A google search turns up some more options:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2002/12/11/slimp3.html
http://tinyurl.com/dbwat
http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/8be1/
http://cheaptightwad.com/ (search for 'roku')

This looks pretty good: http://www.sonos.com/products/?tref=ghome

As far as the ipod goes, I've went through a few portable mp3 players in
my time.  Most of them fall apart or break in some manor after
6-8 months of use.  Currently I have an ipod nano and it's doing pretty
well, but iTunes is a pain in my @#$ and I haven't bothered to hook-up the
Linux ipod software.  I use mp3's with my ipod (never purchased anything
from itunes) and they work fine.

- Steve

EMAIL: (h) steve at badcheese.com  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve