[lug] Q building QT 3.3 on RHEL3.0

Dan Julio djulio99 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 10:16:31 MST 2007

Hey everyone,  I'm past my level of competance again
(easy to do).   I want to run the program QLC (a DMX
lighting control program).  I have to compile it and
it requires QT 3.3 libraries and headers.  So I
downloaded the qt package and am trying to build it.
I get ld errors because, I think, my version of
Xfree86 is too old

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so when searching for -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a when searching for -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so when searching for -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a when searching for -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so when searching for -lXmu
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.a when searching for -lXmu
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so when searching for -lXmu
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.a when searching for -lXmu
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXmu

I am running on an up-to-date RHEL3.0 system so I
guess its version of Xfree86 is too old.  Does this
seem right?

Does anyone, offhand, know what version I should
update too?  (maybe just the latest)

Can I update Xfree86 without breaking other things on
the machine?  Or install it somewhere else?

Thanks, Dan