[lug] video4linux cardlists

steve at badcheese.com steve at badcheese.com
Wed Apr 18 15:28:55 MDT 2007

> When you use tivo to record dv, it sounds like it's *not* copy protected.
> So you can copy, archive and replay this on other *multiple* devices like
> multiple computers on your home network (example above).  Is this correct?

It is copy protected, but there are apps out there to remove the
protection.

> what does a tivo setup cost these days?

$100 initial cost, $15/mo subscription.

> Also, the 'tivo' software you mention above - is that 3rd party os sw or
> does tivo itself provide it?

The Tivo Desktop is free from the tivo.com website.

> I wouldn't mind seeing your scripts if you could post them.

I'm in NYC now, but will post it to the list when I get back.  Too bad I
can't ssh into my windows machine.  :)

- Steve

--
EMAIL: (h) steve at badcheese.com  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve