[lug] RAID installation on Fedora 6 Zod

steve at badcheese.com steve at badcheese.com
Wed May 9 08:42:08 MDT 2007

FYI: I just recently installed gentoo using RAID1 for /boot and RAID0 for
/ (wanted to see if the speed increase was really worth it - and so-far it
is!) and it went really well.  The only difference is that you have to
manually write grub data to both drives (setup (hd0,0), then setup
(hd1,0)).

I know that the Linux software raid can be a little flakey, but in my
experience, it's usable.  If I had some extra cash, I'd go for hardware
RAID over linux's software RAID, but it's good in a pinch.  :)

- Steve

EMAIL: (h) steve at badcheese.com  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve