[lug] help needed with LVM situation

thad thad.mailist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:12:55 MDT 2007

Thats why I name my 1st volume group as rootvg, each logical volume in
a more human readable like rootlv for /, swaplv for /swap, usrlv for
/usr, homelv for for /home. If I need to add other vg for database
then it could be xxxxvg, where xxxx is something to describe the
database.

On 6/13/07, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
> Lee Woodworth wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't physically install a second LVM physical volume (PV) unless
> > you know the volume groups (VG) in the existing PVs and the other drive
> > don't have the same volume group names. It might not be fatal, but LVM
> > is unlikely to successfully start a duplicate VG.
>
> Yeah, we already know the VG's are all named the same.  The joys of
> default installer settings.  (The installers would be better off to name
> them something like [hostname]_vg00 instead of just vg00 in the
> defaults.  Oh well.)
>
> I like the Knoppix idea.  I didn't even thing of a live-CD distro at 1AM
> last night.
>
> Nate

sometimes truth is stranger than fiction
-bad religion-
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/mailist