[lug] server spec

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jun 13 23:20:25 MDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 06:59:50PM -0600, Lee Woodworth wrote:
>> cooling WILL fail.  Never been in any data center where it didn't,
>> eventually.
>Even when there are backups for the AC?

Yeah, this is weird.  I've never seen a data center cooling system fail.  I
mean, yes, one of a pair of redundant units may fail, but overall the
system has continued working.  Not in a class A facility.  I've only heard
about it once, the data center for a national warehouse related to one of
the railroads, IIRC.  This was back in the '80s.

Of course, there have been class A power outages in the news recently, but
those seem to have been caused by someone intentionally pressing the EPO.
That happened to Live Journal twice in the last several years.

Sean
--
 Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. Computers are from hell.
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/