[lug] digital camcorders

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Jun 24 00:01:46 MDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 01:08:23PM -0600, Steve Sullivan wrote:
>Can you recommend a digital camcorder and capture card that work

I believe the deal with digital camcorders is that you don't use a "capture
card", you interface with them using a digital mechanism to suck the raw
data down, like Firewire, USB, or for some you just rip the bits off the
DVD/hard drive, or other storage media, that it's recorded to.  It depends
on the interface supported by the camcorder.

I've heard that the firewire "dvgrab" stuff works well under Linux, but I
know nothing about it.

Sean
--
 <efm> Our network connectivity is possessed.
 <efm> Where's Buffy when we need her?