[lug] Help with different methods of upgrade

Andrew GIlmore agilmore at wirelessbeehive.com
Tue Jul 17 08:06:03 MDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 18:05 -0400, gordongoldin at aim.com wrote:

> So I tried FTP install. Like above, but FTP.
> Gave it linux.nssl.noaa.gov  and /fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os
> Again, if I fed it a wrong directory, it said it coldn't fine the xml
> file it needed, so I think that's right.
>
> First it died saying corrupt samba package, then corrupt man-pages
> package.

Hmm, I've successfully done a HTTP install in exactly this manner.
Not sure what is happening, I believe I used linux.nssl.noaa.gov as
well.

I remember an issue with the FC6 installer and static IPs, but that
would have shown up earlier.

Any other symptoms? Isn't there a retry option offered when a package is
found to be corrupt?

Sorry this wasn't more helpful. :/

Andrew