[lug] Help using Serial Console

steve at badcheese.com steve at badcheese.com
Mon Jul 23 11:24:24 MDT 2007

I usually just append "console=ttyS0,115200" to the kernel line and my
normal console hits the serial port instead.  Works pretty well for me.
Quick and dirty solution.  Also, allows for monitoring the box during
boot.  The getty solution won't spit out any text until your init level
changes to > 1.

- Steve

--
EMAIL: (h) steve at badcheese.com  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve