[lug] FW: Student Buff Bulletin 08/30/2007

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 18:06:08 MDT 2007

On 9/2/07, Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 07:56:19AM -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> >There are those who maintain that RH === Linux. I, myself, would not
> >use the term inferior but rather ancient in the same sense that Debian
>
> Some people seem to define themselves by the things they have to put down.
> ;-/  Of course, there is this history of tongue-in-cheek rivalry between
> emacs and vi, but in general it's not something that helps our cause.

Since you quote so little of the thread, Sean, I'm not sure who is
putting down whom? Ancient is rather factual. We use RHEL4 at work -
adequate for development tasks, but you would never confuse it with an
up-to-date distro, and before Debian Etch was released Debian Stable
was practically mouldy.

--
Collins Richey