[lug] changes in encryption

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Mon Sep 3 16:34:43 MDT 2007

Steve Sullivan wrote:
> Is it simply an encrypted file or is it an encrypted file system?
> If it's just a file, you might try ccrypt, an aes implementation:
> http://ccrypt.sourceforge.net/

Hmm, looks like a useful utility. Unfortunately, it's encrypted ext2.
Might be interested to try to use the output piped to dd and see if the
result is usable (not likely, but I think I'll try just for fun).

It looks like losetup probably has to be replaced, and the kernel have
modifications if I want to loopback mount as is. I might have to reload
an older system under something like xen.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net