[lug] 3 week countdown.

David Howland david.howland at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:43:31 MDT 2007

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> OK, less than 3 weeks until installfest.  I'll be pretty busy until then
> so I won't get much done with distros.  As always, if you're hoping for
> something being available speak up and we'll see who can bring it.
I'm hoping to make it out and I've got current install media for Gentoo
(x86, SPARC64, mips64), Ubuntu, Fedora and CentOS that I will bring.
> The DeVry network is managed to support their on-line classes so we
> shouldn't count on it for huge downloads or network installs.  We might
> get lucky but you never know.
I attend the Westminster campus and they've got the entire site running
through a single T1. Nearly anything not bound for devryu.net or
devry.edu is throttled. I've seen problems reaching servers for Ubuntu
and Fedora updates. I installed Gentoo around 4 months ago on a computer
on site and didn't have too many problems (it was from 6-10pm though).
But again, it's definitely geared for online classes and windows domain
logins through Chicago (yuck!).
> Yeah, no one wants to drive from Boulder to DTC.  But you need a trip
> to Softpro, don't you?  And if you don't make it now they won't be as
> close as DTC when you need them.
Don't forget Microcenter. Never a bad place to kill some time..