[lug] IP Tables

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Sep 24 16:55:14 MDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 01:41:32PM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
>If you have an asymmetric link to the Net, with an uplink speed lower
>than downlink (typical residential connection), the downlink side can

Correct, but as originally stated it was impossible to tell if you were
falling into the common misconception that blocking the traffic would
prevent it from using the bandwidth.  You can only prevent line saturation
if you implement dropping on the sending side of the link.

Sean
--
 Rocky: "Do you know what an A-Bomb is?"
 Bullwinkle: "Of course.  ``A Bomb'' is what some people call our show."