[lug] cold laptop

durist at frii.com durist at frii.com
Fri Jan 18 09:58:41 MST 2008

I'm going up to Leadville this weekend, staying at a hotel for one night and
then doing a ski hut trip. My wife needs to do some work, so I'm planning to
bring a laptop (IBM thinkpad T40), but the laptop will end up sitting in the
car for two cold days and one very cold night while we're at the hut. I'm
thinking I'll leave the battery at home since we won't need it in the hotel.
As long as it rewarms slowly, should I be otherwise concerned? As far as I
know they don't ship laptops to stores in heated trucks in the winter... or
do they?

--
Dan Urist
durist at frii.com