[lug] funky system problem

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Thu Jan 24 17:35:53 MST 2008

> Sorry for the long windows centric post.  Something
> tells me it's electrical in nature.  Figured someone
> out there can help me zero in on the problem based
> upon experience and whether I should just buy a new
> system and move on.

Depends on how much time you want to spend troubleshooting.  If this
were a computer I were supporting, I'd assume the motherboard was
defective and replace it with something from the shelf and scrounge
usable parts (usu. ram, hard drive and PSU).   Other than the electric
bill, is there a reason you can't just leave the system on 24/7?

I have no first hand experience with Vista, but based on the random
gleanings from the net, if the driver isn't Vista certified, it likely
will not work.

Hugh