[lug] kickstart and group files

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Mar 26 12:10:32 MDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:43:16AM -0600, Jeffrey Haemer wrote:
> Charlie,
>
> I'm getting all this from an HTTP server, not a CD or some other hard
> media.  It means I build my metadata on a real, F8 server and use it from
> there.  Unfortunately, because it's F8, I can't tell what's actually being
> read from the atime, but I actually have to use this server setup.

Our solution was to create a separate yum repository in the %post section of the kickstart and then use yum to install the extra software (though we use nfs to do it).  You could write the script(s) to do all of this, put it on the web server and then use a wget <script> in the post section and then call the script after that.

zgrep will let you look in gzipped files.  I also would have run the createrepo with the failing aztek group name through strace to see which files it was opening when it spit out the failure.

Hugh