[lug] New Distro

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Aug 5 21:12:53 MDT 2008

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> George Sexton wrote:
>> Yeah, that was it. Courier IMAP, Mod_JK, and most of the other things
>> were in another on-line repository. I'm sort of annoyed because I
>> looked in the package list and the stuff wasn't there.
>
> But it was spelled out in the release notes, wasn't it?

Moving a bunch of packages out of the main repository...
Not taking the time to code up a warning window for upgraders...
Putting it in the release notes where no one will read it...

Then blame the user of the software for not reading release notes!

In the immortal words (paraphrased) of Gary Larson:

"Bad engineer!  No donut!"

:-)

Just a "usability" comment.

Nate