[lug] How to save $ for off site backup services?

Jason Vallery jason at vallery.net
Sat Sep 6 21:51:11 MDT 2008

I second this.  I use it both to backup my Mac and my CentOS servers.
There is a great ruby command line app that is the foundation to my
backup process.

The script can be found at: http://s3sync.net/wiki

I also wrote a tutorial a while back for the Mac, but the process on a
Linux box would be very similar by using cron instead of editing the
plist on the Mac.  The tutorial is here:
http://vallery.net/2008/02/01/using-amazon-s3-to-automatically-backup-your-mac/

-J