[lug] USB wireless

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Fri Sep 12 11:18:12 MDT 2008

Gordon writes:
> Does anybody have comments?  In a low-signal environment are they
> useless?  How much worse than the cards with antennae?

I have used the EUB-362 EXT which worked sort of well.  It has a 200mw
transmitter so it is more powerful than most cards, and the antenna is
removable, which allows you to extend the range.

For my application, I needed the wireless to be 200% rock solid so
I've actually got quite a few of these lying around.  The only problem
I had was with Linux USB, and I've since gone to a miniPCI card.  If
you want one or two (or ten :-) let me know.  These were bought by
freiker.org, a non-profit, so it would be wonderful if I could recover
some cash for them.  Send me an email offline.

Rob