[lug] Installfest, 8 Nov, up north, eh?

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:31:12 MST 2008

Dave,

I can't go this time -- other commitments -- but I'm glad you send these
out, and I'm glad you conduct them.

I upgraded my laptop to Ubuntu Insipid Iguana on Friday, rebooted, and it
came up in busybox.

If someone at the IF hits that problem, what worked for me was just using
the next newest kernel in /boot/grub.  Came up fine.  I suspect there's a
bug that gets confused by my BIOS, and I'll just try the newer kernel again
after a month or so of updates.

Other than that, it seems to run fine for me.

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 6:52 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> Yeah, sorry.  Every time I say "up north" my brain adds "eh?"  It's a
> side effect of experiments the government did on me, back when.
>
> But we're having installfest on Saturday.  *This* Saturday.  Less than
> seven days.  Isn't that great?
>
> So I hear that there's some interest in Samba and maybe we'll have a
> guest speaker on that topic.  If you have things you like to see done
> with Samba, send them to the list.
>
> We're on the usual early schedule for DeVry north, so I'm planning to
> have lunch afterwards.  But maybe they're on a winter schedule and will
> stay open later for us (so if you want to bet on that we can order pizza).
>
> Take a look at http://cluedenver.org/display.php?node=installfest and
> let me know what questions you have that aren't answered there.
>
> See you Saturday!
> Dave

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]