[lug] Re: E-mail etiquette

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Nov 24 23:46:49 MST 2008

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> you have to do silly things like use a different color if you want to
> reply in-line (and I've seen this done when necessary, though

Ah, perhaps that is what happening with those replies I get where the reply
text is just continued on the end of my text in-line...  They are putting
it there in a different color, and then the mail program is including a
multipart/alternate text representation that doesn't include the
colorization, and my mail client in which I've selected that if there are
HTML and text alternative versions should select the text version in
preference...

Man, a mail client that prevents you from doing in-line replies like people
have been doing for the last 25 years...

Sean