[lug] What would you like to know about Asterisk?

Aaron Nichols anichols at trumped.org
Wed Dec 17 16:08:26 MST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> wrote:
> Next month I'm going to be talking at BLUG about Asterisk.  In order to
> tune the talk to the audience, I'd like to hear what kinds of things the
> list members would like to hear about.
<snip>
> So, what can I tell you about Asterisk?

It would be interesting (to me) to know, at a high level, what options
are feasible for tying into VoIP systems and services. I see a newly
announced "Skype for Asterisk" product as well as support for SIP and
other protocols. Is this generally mature and if someone at home or a
small office were looking for voip on the cheap, what's the best way
to leverage Asterisk to provide this?

Thanks,
Aaron