[lug] Remote admin linux to windows

Dave Treece davet at frii.com
Fri Jan 23 06:13:44 MST 2009

Logmein does. That's one of the things I like about it and why I use it.
I'll get calls from my wife/daughter/etc and I just open a browser, log
in and look to see what they are doing, and then show them how to fix
it. I've freaked my daughter out a couple of times because I logged in
while she was on and the mouse started moving on her.

The free one give you the ability to remotely view and run applications
on the remote PC, the pro version allows some kind of virtual connection
to the PC your calling from (like being able to print stuff on the
remote to your connecting system or something like that).

Anyway, it's free, and....you can install it on your pc, then use your
browser to call back into your pc (recursive session) although things
won't work as you might normally expect. If you don't like it remove it.

It really is free for the average Joe, home user.

There is also http://www.gotomypc.com Free in this case I think if more
limited (and time based) but its a lot like logmein, the only other
thing I found that works like this is PC Anywhere (which, I think,
requres a PC server and client).