[lug] Development & reporting tool choices

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Tue Feb 10 11:29:16 MST 2009

Steve Sullivan writes:
> While an interpreted language is great for rapid development (I'm
> a python fan myself), there is one big drawback: no static type
> checking.

You are deluding yourself into thinking that static typing is more
reliable.  As noted in another email, I switched to solving extremely
complex problems in Perl, and I've never looked back.  All of our
software is developed rapidly.  Here's how we do it:

* We unit and acceptance write tests
* Our code fails fast

These techniques have been around for decades, and the vast majority
of programmers choose to ignore them.

Rob