[lug] NEWSFLASH! Coder Goes Crazy! Laptop Versus Axe! Film At 11!

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:15:29 MDT 2009

Folks:

As promised, I presented Tahoe-LAFS at CodeCon last weekend.
CodeCon's prime directive is that every presentation has to have a
live demo of working code, and that the presenter has to be an author
of that code.

For my demo, I leaned an axe against the speaker's podium, strapped
safety goggles around my neck, and then I showed three laptops on
stage, each running a Tahoe node, and then uploaded a movie file to
the Tahoe grid made up of those three nodes.  (This means the file
gets automatically encrypted, digitally signed, and erasure-coded.)

Then I explained that after uploading your movie to the Tahoe grid,
you might turn off your Tahoe node and go away.  And while you are
gone, something BAD might happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztbIwH7gz7o

I've also embedded this video into my blog:

http://testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/uri/URI:DIR2-RO:j74uhg25nwdpjpacl6rkat2yhm:kav7ijeft5h7r7rxdp5bgtlt3viv32yabqajkrdykozia5544jqa/wiki.html

(My blog is also hosted on Tahoe, the Axe-Tolerant Storage System.)

Regards,

Zooko