[lug] Ubuntu users: request for topics for articles

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Jun 8 09:59:28 MDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 20:59 -0600, Davide Del Vento wrote:
> I found a little silly that you say: "I don't like Ubuntu, and I'd
> like to know what Ubuntu users are complaining about, so I can write
> good article about it" (I know, I'm exaggerating what you said, it's
> on purpose).
> I think that as a first step you should know why users LIKE Ubuntu.
> And I mean experienced users, not dumb windows users.

That's fine. Like or dislike, its helpful to know what users need to
know more about.

> A very quick suggestion is that Ubuntu articles usually are tailored
> to dumb windows users, while more advanced documentation is missing (I
> know, you can use generic linux or debian one....)

I'm all for that.

> That said, what is your timeline? I can answer, but I need some time
> to elaborate (during the week).  Is it ok for you?

No timeline yet.  They're just looking for future material.  So I'm
going to put together a proposal for a number of articles.

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org