[lug] QoS and dd-wrt

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Aug 31 20:35:39 MDT 2009

Ben wrote:
> From what I've seen on QoS, for each category of traffic, I select and
> min and max bandwidth.
> Am I thinking about wrong? Is there a better way to do this? I want the
> bandwidth even divided between whomever wants it.

I think it should be pretty easy.  You just have to find the right
discussion of ways to do it.  For example, chapter 9 of:

http://lartc.org/howto/

The bandwidth arbitrator will also do what you want.  I wonder how easy
that is to get included in a regular distro?

Ah yes.  Then there's this that I ran across recently:

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/computing/networks/a-radical-new-router

I don't think it's as radical as they say, and the flow adjusting they
do sounded a lot like the bandwidth arbitrator.

Dave