[lug] Fedora 11 init script format

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Sep 3 09:36:50 MDT 2009

I have to write an init script for Fedora 11 (possibly other distros
later) at work.  I've done lots of these in the past but haven't looked
at how it has changed recently. I looked at wine's header and saw this:

# chkconfig: 35 98 10
clicking \
#          on them (or typing ./file.exe)
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Default-Start:  2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Short-Description: start and stop wine binary handler
clicking
#              on them (or typing ./file.exe)
### END INIT INFO

Is there a spec for what goes into the BEGIN/END block?  It's pretty
easy to figure out how its setting the run levels, but I wanted to see
if there was anything else that needed to go into this.

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org