[lug] can't make this stuff up, folks...

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Tue Oct 20 06:10:42 MDT 2009

It sounds flip but it really isn't. In fact I think it's one of the biggest problems I (and many others) face. We're so used to having poorly defined requirements that we have to trust our own judgements on what's really meant... and sometimes we're wrong. Sometimes we're right for the wrong reason. (Prime example: naive leap-year code that was correct for 2000.) Either way we catch the blame when problems occur.

In the ideal world we could demand better specifications.

In the real world...

I had to laugh so hard at this one, it's so true it is painful.
In the not-so-distant-past, the best specification I've had
is: "Make it work". :P

Dan Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net