[lug] getting started in the IT industry, focus on FOSS

Ash Mohatt ash.mohatt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 07:42:34 MST 2009

Hey all,

I have my test lab up and running, Its still evolving, but I can wipe two
machines to metal. So with all this technology at my disposal I am looking
at everything to know:
Security,backup,admin,programming,benchmarking...there is too much to learn.
I find myself chasing butterflies, (A little of Python Practice, then a
little bash scripting, practicing VIM commands....)

If you could say 3 or 9 essential skillsets, what would you suggest?
Are there good "entry certs" that are worth more then the paper they're
printed on?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!!!
Ash